Goodwins Funeral Directors has placed an application to Gloucester City Council to see a 19th century house transformed into its new branch.
Goodwins placed the application to change Peter Scott House, which is situated on the corner of Heathville Road and London Road to its second site in the city.
Goodwins Funeral Directors has been in business since 1833 and its head office is on Barton Street.
According to official documents submitted to the council, Peter Scott House was used as offices until May and was listed for sale by Ash and Co Chartered Surveyors.
The plans show the ground floor will be used by the funeral directors, the design will feature two viewing rooms, a reception area, interview rooms and a mortuary. The application also states three full-time new positions will be created on site and two part-time positions will also be made.
The plans are currently subject to public consultation and a decision is set to be made in early next year.