Current AffairsLatest News

Crematorium set ablaze by ‘overly obese’ body

A fire broke out when an ‘overly obese’ body caused a cremation container to get too hot.

The ‘freak accident’ started yesterday evening at Hillside Chapel Crematory in Ohio.

The owner, Don Catchen, told WCPO “My operator was in the process of cremating remains and (the body) was overly obese and apparently it got a little hotter than the unit is supposed to get.

“One of the cremation containers that we had close got caught on fire and that’s what burnt.”

Unfortunately as the body had to burn at a higher temperature, the flames spread and set fire to near by containers.

It took two hours to stop the fire, however no one was hurt and there was “no serious damage”

 

 

No other bodies were damaged by the flames.

 

Back to top button