The Cremation and Burial, Communication and Education Event (CBCE) has released its speaker line up for 2017. The three day programme is jointly hosted by The Cremation Society of Great Britain and the Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities.
In 2017 the CBCE will take place on 3-5 July, at Stratford Manor, Stratford-upon-Avon. Currently confirmed speakers are as follows:
Monday 3 July
- Jennie Sweeney, BA (Hons), Head of Community Engagement, Commonwealth War Graves Commission on CWGC – The Centenary. Community Engagement in the UK
- James Penney, MSc, Chairman, Darwin Alternative Investment Management Limited on investing in your future
Tuesday 4 July
- Martin Nicholson, BSc, Group Services Manager, Northern Gas & Power Ltd on learning from the past: your energy future
- Helene Marshall, BSc, RGN, SCM, Educational Project Manager Midwifery, NHS Education for Scotland on sensitive handling of pregnancy loss
- Baroness Finlay of Llandaff, FMedSciChair, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dying Well on grief across communities
- Alison Crake, MBA, FCMI, President, National Association of Funeral Directors on making a positive impact through shared knowledge
- Monsignor Kevin McGinnell, PhB, STB, PGCE, Joint Liturgical Group (GB) on Catholics and cremation 2017
- Presidents’ Panel Chaired by Harvey Thomas CBE
Wednesday 5 July
- Running out of space? The legal and practical aspects of the re-use of burial sites withNicholas Evans and Mustafa Latif-Aramesh, LLB (Hons), Solicitor, Bircham Dyson Bell LLP; and Peter Mitchell, FICCM (Dip), Principal, Peter Mitchell Associates
- Dr Heather Conway, LLB, PhD, Senior Lecturer, School of Law, Queens University Belfast on funeral arrangements and feuding families: Who has the legal right to decide?
- Paul Hinton, MSc, CSci, CPhys, Consultant Clinical Scientist,British Nuclear Medicine Society/Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine on systemic radiation treatment and cremation
Papers and speakers are subject to change – please refer to the website www.cbce.org.uk for the latest programme.